Monday 22 December 2008

Tired and Fed Up

Didn't spend much time with mum today. I was late going and Cassie insisted on coming saying she would sit in the car. I thought it was strange but then Cassie hasn't been herself recently (she did go to the gp today though and has her medication back.) So I left Cassie in the car and went in. Mum was asleep and my younger brother was there. He explained that they were going to try changing her medication because it was too much and it was keeping her zoned out, but they have to get the right dosage as they don't want her to be in pain. Mum then woke and wasn't very happy, she said she was tired and fed up.
I gave her a hug and then when I looked around Cassie was standing there.
Straight after Cassie came my brother and sil. They wanted to put a bed jacket on mum as her arms were cold but she told us no, she was ok. She said we should all go home now and give her some peace and quiet. I don't think she's used to so much company, she would spend hours and hours at home alone.
I was already feeling uncomfortable having Cassie and my brother in the same room so I said my goodbye's and left.
I've decided that for the next two days it will be better to make my visits early. It will help with everything I have to fit in, and it seems quieter there in the morning and I prefer being on my own with mum.

I did spend some time out at my friend Deb's house today. It was really nice to chill for a while and Lucy and Leila had fun with their friends.
Tomorrow I have to fit in a visit to my aunties along with a little last minute perishable's shopping, and Wednesday I have to take my son Craig Christmas shopping. He's only going to two shops though and knows what he wants to buy. Then I have a friend coming round, and I think my eldest brother and sil if she feels up to it.
I didn't think mum would make it to christmas day when she was so terribly ill last week, but now I think she will. I have her present, did all my present shopping ages ago and I made her a hamper of all the things she loves. Most of it, well all of it, is useless to her now but I'm still going to give it to her. I'm thinking that if she still gets all her presents then it will help her feel more normal at least for a while.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Anne,

Sending you a {{hug}} as always. It must be terribly hard for you to think of anything else right now. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and that your Mum can share and enjoy the day with you as much as possible.

Janice
xx