Sunday 28 December 2008

One Of Those Days

I'm having one of those days when I would have liked to have stayed in bed, or even curl up on the settee with my duvet all day. In reality, I was up before sunrise with the little ones, spent the first half hour cleaning up after the other adults in the house that had only been in bed an hour. Then realised that it was just me and the little ones for at least the next 6 hours. No chance of any peace and quiet then.
Don't get me wrong, I love my little girls and even 1 hour apart makes me miss them like crazy, but sometimes it would be nice to just relax for a while, put myself first without having to deal with them.
So here I am nearly 8 hours later. Loads of washing and ironing done, housework done, girls have had breakfast and lunch and been entertained/cleaned/dressed/cared for. I've just taken 5 mins to myself to write this with Leila pulling on me to climb up and Lucy is playing with her new piano seeing how loud she can get the feedback to screech down my ears.
Suppose I'd better get on with the cooking then!
Oh well, at least I can look forward to an early night. Soon as the girls are settled I can go to bed.

I can't write mum's eulogy. I've thought about it constantly since yesterday. I've even read a guide, but I just can't find the right words. :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Anne,
just wanting to let you know that I have been thinking of you. Anne release your pain and cry, cry like there is no end. I believe crying cleanses the soul. Heal and feel better with every passing day. Wish I were closer so I could give you time out and keep an eye on Leila and Lucy for you. love,
Daisy