Thursday 18 December 2008

Lucy has conjunctivitis

My poor little girl was supposed to have been an angel in the school nativity today but she came home yesterday with conjunctivitis and the teacher said not to send her in. It was the one thing I had to look forward to this christmas and now I feel very sad. In fact I started crying when I saw the parents coming out of the school when it had finished. (they have to walk past my house) She will also miss her school party but that hasn't sunk in yet, she still thinks she will be going. In fact she should be there right now. :(
to try and compensate a little we took her into town and treated her to a trip to the Disney Store. She is suddenly crazy about Minnie Mouse so I bought her a soft toy. I wouldn't have had the money but I had a win on the Bingo last week that I'd completely forgotten about, so Leila had a little treat too and we had lunch before coming home. Now I'm just waiting for Graham to come back so I can go and see mum.
Cassie has been poorly all night with the sickness bug I had the other day. Graham and Craig have had it too but it didn't effect them the same. I'm just hoping and praying my little girls don't catch it, I'm sure they would have by now. fingers crossed.
Wish Graham would hurry, I'm feeling a little anxious now.
I told Graham I wanted to see my gp today for something to help me through this and he didn't approve. I dont' understand, if I was in physical pain he wouldn't say anything about me having painkillers? So instead I've bought myself a bottle of Rescue Remedy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne

Millie and I have had conjunctivitis too - not sure where that came from. Hope you're all nice and bug free for Christmas.

Have you thought about St John's Wort by the way?? I've used it in the past with great success. I have to agree though that a trip to the GP would have been useful. Maybe forget to mention it to G if you feel like going again ;o).xx

Love

S xx