Monday 15 December 2008

Pills

Ok, first report this morning is that mum is still the same as last night, she's not coming around. My brothers are both with her atm and contemplating on getting the dr in. On advice they realised those pills she took were not for her to take right now and she should have only taken 1/2 pill. I cant' be sure but I think they were mistaken for painkillers and she took 2!! No wonder she's so zoned out. Shame on the hospital for not giving us details about the medication. The nurse was supposed to explain everything to us but she was incredibly stressed and basically just threw them on bed. At the time I wanted to question her but as we'd already been waiting for 3 hours for these pills and I saw there were labels and a sheet of paper with them I figured we'd cope without having to stress her out anymore and getting another rant (yes, she'd already had a rant at me and my brother) But when we got back all the tablets had on them were their names and the sheet of paper was useless.
I feel guilty now, I should have been brave enough to tell that nurse that it wasn't our fault she'd had a tough day and she should still be doing her job properly. But that's me all over a big sap, I actually felt sorry for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne my lovely...

The MacMillan nurses should be able to come to the house and help you with your mum, give advice, help with the practicalities etc. Keep asking until you get what you need - there is no time more important than now that people should pull their fingers out and help you. It's what they're paid for so don't feel like you're a pain for asking. The Mac's are so good at their jobs and I'm sure you'll feel alot safer once they're onboard and fighting your corner.

I'll be watching this space.

Gentle hugs to you Anne - you're doing such a great job. I'm behind you in spirit and I know how hard this must be for you.

with love

Sharon xx