Thursday 29 January 2009

We have a date at last

The funeral is on Monday 9th Feb at 1pm. Still over a week away but at least it's a date. Now people can stop calling me every day to ask about it. mmmm maybe not, I've already had calls where to send flowers etc.
My aunt and cousin have arranged for a memorial for Sim to go in an Aston Villa program. He was a huge fan so that's a real nice thing to do. I've been thinking about asking fans to turn up to the funeral in their Villa shirts. It would be hard to get claret and blue flowers (I've already researched this there have been a few AV weddings) so I'm thinking of getting his name in white and having the letters decorated with claret and blue ribbons.
I feel a little calmer now I have a date, now I'm just waiting to take his teddy to him, in his note he asked for it to go with him and I hate the thought that it's been stuck in my cupboard all this time and not with him. I seem to have stopped thinking of him as a man, I can only remember him as my little brother who I grew up and drove me mad like siblings are supposed to do.

I found some photo's that mum sent me yesterday. She took them of her house at christmas time when we were just on speaking terms and not on visiting terms. (In short we fell out for 5 years, then started talking on the phone, then started meeting up and we only really got close again early last year.) One of the photo's shows her porcelain doll and she's written on the back how much she loved it. I'd not seen it before because it lived in her bedroom, but when I was clearing out the house I saw it and fell in love with it too (even though porcelain dolls are really not my thing) I'm so glad I decided to keep it. I'd forgotten all about the photo.

No comments: