Thursday 12 January 2012

Having trouble........

.....finding things to be cheerful and upbeat about!

Let's face it, if I did keep this blog just for writing about the good things that happen, well, I don't think I'd make a post a month!
Sorry, today has been stressful. I've been ok, but everyone around me has had a meltdown at some point today and I've been stuck right in the middle. *sigh*


Why do people lie? I feel like I've spent all my life around people who can lie without even flinching. I used to lie too, I thought it was normal, but since I've thought about it more I try to be as truthful as possible at all times. Of course there are times when it is necessary to lie, and sometimes when you think lying is the right thing to do (even though it might not be) and it's often said that lies come back to haunt you. But why lie when it's completely unnecessary? Why lie just for the sake of it? Why lie, when you know the truth is bound to come out sooner rather than later?

Someone lied to me last week knowing that I would see the person that they lied about this week and find out the truth. Why? I just don't get it. I guess they are just a compulsive liar and can't help themselves.

 “I'm the most terrific liar you ever saw in your life. It's awful. If I'm on my way to the store to buy a magazine, even, and somebody asks me where I'm going, I'm liable to say I'm going to the opera. It's terrible.”
J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

How do I deal with someone like this? How can I ever believe a word they say?




“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
Friedrich Nietzsche

1 comment:

wendy said...

Anne I can so relate to this post as you know I am going through this myself.

I agree and love the line the lies will come back to haunt them, never a truer word x