Sunday 4 July 2010

Another Birthday

When I was around 16-17 yrs old I used to love taking out my little brother and a couple of my nieces and nephews. We would get a day saver ticket which could be used for both trains and buses and just go anywhere. One of our favourite places was Birmingham Airport. We would go to the viewing lounge and watch the planes take off and land and ride the monorail over and over.
The one day we decided just to take the bus into town. When we got there I realised we'd left my brother's coat on the bus. I was worried about what my mum would say when we got home and it put me in a mood for the day. A couple of hours later we caught the bus home and there right were we had left it was my brother's coat. The chances of catching the same bus were so minimal, it must have been my lucky day.

It all seems like a lifetime away now.

In memory of my brother who would have 37 today!

No comments: