Wednesday 9 June 2010

Not a Great Day

Today started at 4am when Graham came to bed and woke me and Lucy up. This is not a rare occurance and I've tried to talk to him about it, but all I get is empty promises and an empty bed until 4am. Anyway, this morning neither myself or Lucy could get back to sleep so we ended up getting up at 5am.



Then I have to run my eldest daughter to work and pick her up, my eldest son to work and pick him up, my OH to the jobcentre and back, visit the shops twice and do the school run in the pouring rain. I've barely had 5 mins to myself.
Then this afternoon I had my ante natal appointment and first find out that I have +4 blood and +2 protein in my urine. They've sent the sample for further testing and the mw will call me when the results come back.
Then she checks my blood results from 28 weeks and I'm anaemic 9.2, so I have to take iron tablets.


Then she has a feel of baby and measures my fundal height. I know it's not completely accurate but he's only grown 1cm in 3 weeks when he should have grown 3cm. So I have to go back in 2 weeks to see if he's back on track.

He is moving loads though, and head down (although not engaged yet) and his heartbeat was good and strong.


Then to top off my day, this evening Graham deserted me so I had to bath two very tired and stressed out kids (Lucy is a nightmare when she's tired and she'd been up since 4am and at school all day) get them ready for bed and take them to bed without his help. I had to phone him to come home so I could go and pick up my eldest from work. It's only a 1/2hour walk but there was a big storm and she would have been soaked through. When I got back I cooked her dinner, cleaned up (usually do this before girls go to bed but didn't get the chance tonight) washed up and sorted out the washing and clothes for tomorrow all while Graham sat watching the tv. After, I collapsed on the sofa and said I'd love a cup of tea, but he said sorry I promised John (his brother) I'd cut his hair and he just walked out. I know that's the last I'll see of him tonight.


Oh and I've just filed a dispute with Paypal because after buying a new travel system off Ebay I've not recieved it, and I've had no replies to any of my e-mails to the seller so it looks like I've been ripped off. If I don't get my money back I don't have any more to buy another one.


So I'm sitting here now feeling tearful and trying to tell myself that things could be much worse. I think I'll just go to bed and pray tomorrow is a better day.

No comments: