Tuesday 26 January 2010

The Sleep Thing!

Maybe you were thinking that I have become less obsessed with sleep, or rather my lack of it, but to be honest I just got bored moaning about it. Now, I have something new to report, I do believe that at two and a half years old, Leila is now sleeping through the night!!! I was beginning to think it was never going to happen. Now, she goes to bed between 7 and 8.30pm, depending on whether she's had a nap in the daytime, and will sleep through until 6 or 7am. Her big sister Lucy is always asleep by 8pm and sleeps through to 6 or 7am, she generally wakes first.

So with just six months until I have to start all over again you are probably thinking that I am overjoyed with all the sleep I'm getting? Well, sorry to disappoint you but it's not that easy, I'm not sure if it's because I've not had a full night sleep in so long but I just can't do it. I wake at least four times a night. I can go back to sleep fairly quickly most times, but it still means that even though my girls are sleeping through the night, I'm not.

Then of course there is Lucy's knees. She will often cry in pain during the night and I have to sit massaging her for at least half an hour. I anticipate this to go on for a long time yet, but at least it's not every night, sometimes we can go for five or six days without any pain.

I'm supposing that soon it will be heartburn and cramp that keeps me awake at night, then it will be just being unable to get comfortable. I have so much to look forward to. :-(

Ok, I started positively and that's how I'm going to finish, I am truly happy that Leila is sleeping through, it's easier to relax (even if I can't sleep) when I can be confident that she's not going to be waking up throughout the night.

No comments: