Wednesday 13 January 2010

A Little Luck!

I had a nice surprise this morning, I had an e-mail from a bingo site that I play on saying that I'd won £250 in a competition. Whoo hooo! I'm going to put it away to spend on the new baby, probably at the Baby Show in May, but that may be a little late, we'll have to see.
I have an appointment with my midwife next Thursday and hopefully my first scan the week after. It all seems to be going quick now, I still have to keep pinching myself because it's so hard to believe that I am pregnant.

We still have snow :-( Yet another downfall last night which made it deeper than ever and it's snowed lightly all day. I took Lucy to school and then went to the local shops with Leila. I was heading for the supermarket but the pushchair was so hard to push I gave up and went to a mini mart instead. Then when I got home and changed all my wet clothes, I got a text from the school saying they were closing due to the deteriorating weather and would I come and collect Lucy. I got Craig to look after Leila this time, I just couldn't face struggling with the pushchair again. Unless the weather is much better tomorrow (unlikely) I'm not even going to bother taking Lucy in.

On Friday I have to go into town with Craig and it looks like we may have to go on the bus, I just hope they grit the roads because the buses are having trouble now, the one Graham caught today got stuck on a hill, and the one home went a completely new route. Maybe, just maybe this sleet like snow we are having now will turn to rain and wash it all away. Fingers tightly crossed.

3 comments:

Helen Thornber said...

Congratulations! In all the blur of my rather Christmas & New Year I must have missed the post I just read!

I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy :0) x

Zaphod Camden said...

Congratulations on your win... and the other thing too :) hopefully this will be the start of lots of good times for you in "the alien years" (2010-2019)

GroupieGirl enters a lot of competitions (365 last year) and she's blagged a fair bit of stuff, so maybe this is the way to go, yeah?

Anonymous said...

Well done on your win, what a nice surprise that must have been. And your first scan, very exciting.

CJ xx