Sunday 10 January 2010

Happy New Year!

I know, I know, I'm 10 days late! I just haven't had the time to concentrate on writing a post. I generally do my posts in the evening when the girls are asleep but Leila has been poorly and hasn't been sleeping too well. So, most nights instead of running up and down the stairs every five minutes, I've been going to bed early myself and watching some TV. I've been feeling really tired all the time anyway so it's suited me going up early, but it does mean I've not had much time for the computer. There isn't much I can do with the girls around, they don't leave me alone.

I guess I'm in the same boat as everyone else but I'm getting a bit fed up of this snow now. I don't usually mind snow but it is so cold all the time. My heating bill is going to be shocking! Lucy had only 1 1/2 days at school last week and she gets so bored at home. And now, as I type there is more snow falling, on top of all the compacted ice. It makes me think about where it is all going to go when it starts to melt. It's bound to be messy.

The new year was more difficult for me than Christmas. Mum's birthday was 2nd January, so I took a large bouquet of flowers to the cemetery for her and it made me so much sadder than the last time I went. Then there was the anniversary of Simeon's death on the 3rd. My oldest brother was having a hard time too, I had an emotional phone call from him on the 2nd. But talking of brothers, I've heard nothing off my middle brother Kevin. I sent him a Christmas card and a text to say Happy New Year, but not heard a pip back from him. Checking the flowers on the grave I think he may have been responsible for the 4 single roses, wrapped individually, one for each family member. It's hard to tell though because there was a few things without tags.

I've been meaning to visit my auntie, but with the girls being ill over Christmas and then this horrid weather (which I refuse to drive in) I haven't made it yet. My family is getting smaller and I feel so cut off from those left sometimes. Still, I have my own family to look after and that's getting bigger!

No comments: