Sunday 22 February 2009

Soooo Tired

Got to bed around 11.15pm last night and had to re-settle Leila. Then around 2.30am Lucy started coughing and woke up. She kept me up until until 3.45am and then I finally fell asleep only to be woken by Leila at 4.15am. Usually it takes 10 mins max to get Leila back to sleep but not this morning, it was just after 5am when I put my head down again. Then Lucy woke at 6am but I managed to persuade her to stay in bed until nearly 7am. So I'm a wee bit tired today.
Have to pop to the shops later and I'm really hoping to get down to the cemetery today. I don't know if anyone has been in the past week but it probably needs cleaning up a bit now.
I'm dreading Mothers Day, can't bear to look at the cards and gifts in the shops right now.

1 comment:

Plummy Mummy said...

Its no worry you are down with such disturbed sleep. As our LO is teething (again!) I'm having a real difficult time at night so sympathise.

Re: your mum. Mine passed away 14 years ago. I still gasp when I think how long it has been. During life, we didn't always get on. But I missed her like mad when my daughter was born, particularly as I wanted to ask if LO was doing things as I did. I had to sit through my dp's mum telling me about what he was like etc. and always felt a huge sense of sadness.
For the first few years I focussed on the fact that mum died but now I focus on the fact that she lived. And I kick myself for not spending more time with her esp learning to cook. But every time I find a photo or a memory comes floating into my mind, I smile.
Don't dread Mother's day. You are a mum and by what I've read a very caring person. Its your day and I'm sure your mum would agree that you deserve to celebrate it.

big hug to you.