Saturday 27 February 2010

I Think I May Have Overdone it.

Decided today to go into town to get some maternity clothes. Everything is overstretched now and my bellyband isn't help much anymore, so it's time to move on to the real stuff.

So with Graham and the girls in tow we headed off to the city centre. First car park we tried was full, that's what you get for going on a Saturday, but I know my way around enough to know the quiet car parks so we soon found somewhere. The plan was to stay in the Bullring (huge shopping centre) but straight away OH was complaining about Leila's buggy (which was falling apart but I didnt' want to buy another as she'll be 3 and at nursery soon and hardly ever uses the buggy already.) So we went to Mothercare on the high street, only Mothercare had vanished. So we decided on Argos instead. Then we went back to the Bullring so I could buy my clothes. Already feeling tired I didn't try everything on and now I'm faced with returning items. The girls were moaning too, they wanted to go to the toy shop.

So next it was the toy shop, then lunch, then a browse around Pumpkin Patch. Then Graham decided he wanted a PS3 game which was new and hard to get, so 3 shops later and game in hand we were all fit to drop. Lucy did really well considering her bad knees, but she did have a swap and ride in the buggy while Leila had a walk. She had to have Iboprofen before bed to ease the pain and no doubt I'll be on massaging duty during the night.

On the way back to the car park I couldn't resist a quick browse in Mamas and Papas to look at prams/pushchairs. I was quite taken with the Luna and it's really well priced, but it's too soon for me to make big purchases yet. Also had a look at the Pilko Pramette, but not overly impressed.

Back home I started feeling twinges, which soon turned into aches and then had me reaching for the paracetamol because I could barely move. My groin and hips were agony. I didn't cook dinner, we had to have take out, and I've been lying down since girls went to bed. The pain is starting to ease now so I'm hoping to get some sleep soon. So much for thinking my SPD wasn't too bad this time, serves me right.

Also, I've been getting out of breath really quickly. I've always got like this towards the end of pregnancy when I'm really big, but I'm not even 17 weeks yet so it's unusual for me. Even tasks as simple as getting dressed leave me huffing and puffing, and I have to have a sit down if I go upstairs. The thought of another 23 weeks of this is depressing.

On the good side, I've not had a single spot of blood this pregnancy. I'm still nervous and checking all the time, but I'm hopeful that it's not going to happen, touch wood, fingers crossed, touch my collar, turn around, drink a glass of water upside down...err no that's hiccups, sorry.

No comments: