Saturday 20 February 2010

All in the Head

It just goes to show that feeling low has more to do with your state of mind than what's going on around you. I've had a fair bit of bad news and extra stress this week, but I'm still feeling much lighter than I was last week. Or maybe I'm just weird?

Anyway, I'm dealing with the bad stuff and looking forward to happier times. I applied for one of those cheap Sun holidays (from the newspaper The Sun) and this week we had a confirmation and we are going to Devon on 26th April for a 4 night holiday. I'm not a sun lover, so as long as it doesn't piddle down every day (or snow!) I'll be happy. I'm just glad to be getting away for a while, even if I will be the only driver. Definitely looking forward to it.

Next week I'm having my first appointment for my crown fitting. I have had a veneer on the tooth for the past 6 years but it came off and for some reason the new one just wouldn't stay on so my dentist recommended a crown instead. Never had a crown before, will it make me feel royal?

I'm also having an appointment for my blood tests to find out if there could be a possible health problem with Serge (the bump). I just know it's going to be a bad result because of my age alone the risk factor is 1:35 of having a baby with Downs Syndrome. Then I'll be asked if I want invasive testing to find out for sure....not something I really want to do. So my fingers, toes, and earlobes are crossed for a completely surprising excellent result from the blood tests.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A break in Devon sounds lovely and probably just what the doctor ordered. Sorry you've been having a tough time recently, hope it sorts itself out very soon. And yes, I do think it sounds royal to have a crown!! If only it came with diamonds and rubies too.

CJ xx