Monday 12 August 2013

Lucy's neck part two.

It's now been 11 days since Lucy started complaining about her neck, however, after checking my diary I can see she also complained a couple of days sooner but it appeared to be ok the next day, so that's 13 days since it started.
Today we went to the hospital for a CT scan on her neck. We were left waiting two hours as they had a couple of emergency cases brought in.
Lucy was really unwell today, the worst I've seen her so far, she was also feeling sick. She slept for an hour while we were waiting.
During the scan she was really brave and didn't move an inch even though it hurts her to lie flat on her back.

After the scan we went to A&E as we had been told to wait for the results of the scan. We waited 2 hours and then were called into a cubicle where we waited a further 20 minutes until the Dr arrived. She hadn't got a clue what was going on. The results had not been sent through because they had not been marked as urgent. It was impossible to get them now until morning (it was now 7.30pm) So we'd waited all that time for nothing.

The Dr asked what we'd been told and when we said Torticollis she said, 'oh, you do know that that can take at least a week to get better?' 'Yes, I said, it's been 11 days now and she's getting worse not better'
I told her I'd run out of Diazepam and she said she'd get us some more. She went away and came back 10 minutes later to tell us she couldn't get the Diazepam and gave us a prescription. The pharmacy was closed so we couldn't get it until morning anyway. She told us that they'd ring us in the morning with the results from the scan and that she'd made an appointment for Lucy on Thursday.
So we still have no answers and now we have to see our little girl suffer for 3 more days before seeing another Dr. I told her I wasn't happy.
She then told us to ring tomorrow around lunch time for the results of the scan....uh, didnt' she just tell us they'd ring us in the morning?
Then on the way out she told us to go to reception and make an appointment for Thursday. She had previously told us that she'd made an appointment.
At the last minute, like it was an after thought, she said, 'don't worry if it was anything serious the sonographer would have told us, I'm sure he would have looked over the scan results'
Did I believe her? Did I hell!
I told her, it might not be anything serious, but my 7 yr old little girl is in agony and has been for 11 days and no-one seems to be doing anything about it. It's ok taking her for scans, but what's the point if you're not actually doing anything to help ease her pain?
I was told they would talk it through with me on Thursday.
I'm not waiting until Thursday.When they call, or I call tomorrow (who knows) I'm going to tell them whatever the results I'm bringing her back in for TREATMENT....maybe someone there has heard of the word??
I really don't want to see my little girl suffer anymore.


No comments: