Sunday 28 April 2013

I Quit!

Today I handed in my notice and told the family they needed to find a new cook, cleaner and childminder. Had they upset me? No, not really, not more than usual anyway. It's just that I felt that I'm no good at my job anymore. I keep getting things wrong, forgetting things, messing up, making mistakes. I put peas on Craige's dinner and he hates peas. That's what made me quit!
Sometimes I seriously think I'm losing my marbles. I forget things so easily, it's a house of seven, with everyone having different needs and it seems like I'm the only one who can provide for them. As well as my regular jobs (Above) I also have jobs on the side. I decorate, repair, replace batteries, do the finances, arrange the entertainment, deal with the callers etc etc etc. My work is never ending.
I chill out by blogging and playing irritating flash games on Facebook which I'm not mentioning in case it comes up in a google search and someone finds this post.
Even my cake making is suffering. I made a lovely Spiderman cake last week for the sister of a niece-in-law. The cake came out really good despite my having to colour the icing red and I hate colouring icing red. Then I added the name and age, and even though I had the text on my phone at my side I got one letter of the name wrong. I was devestated when they came to pick it up. It was easily remedied (thankfully the name was on the cake board not the cake) but I still can't believe I made the mistake.
Maybe I'm being daft, maybe I'm going senile? I don't know but something has to give and at the moment it's my job. So they've got two weeks to replace me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.