Sunday 30 November 2008

Saturday & Sunday

Saturday.
The plan was trip up town to walk around the market and take the girls on the carousel. Then the big kids decided they wanted to go so as I don't have a people carrier it meant two trips to the station. (and back home again afterwards)
We started off in the Bull Ring! No, that wasn't what I planned, but we didn't stay there long.
Outside it was FREEZING. The carousel ride was FREEZING and the girls were not that impressed, although Lucy did say she wanted to go again. The queues for food were stupid so we ended up going to Greggs for lunch!
Leila did nothing but moan, until she fell asleep. I think it was because she was cold though.
We got back home and had planned to visit mum but it was late and we were shattered and the girls were sleeping so I called her and arranged to go Sunday instead. She sounded fine on the phone. I even offered to cook her Sunday lunch for her and she was happy about that.
Then a few hours later I get a call off my brother (Kev) to say she had been taken into hospital. I spent the whole night worrying about her then
Sunday
this morning I worried even more when the hospital couldn't tell me where she was on the phone.
Finally I found her and we visited her this afternoon and it wasn't as bad as I'd expected. She has empysema quite bad now and for the past few weeks has been feeling poorly. The dr came out to see her on Thursday and said that her chest was ok, but she was complaining of stomach pain and he said she was constipated. Last night when my brother went to see her she'd tried to take herself to the tiolet but the pain had been too much and she'd collapsed. In her panic she couldn't breathe properly (quite understandable with her condition, she only has 1 third of her lung capacity left) so my brother rushed her into hospital.
The tests had shown that her chest was no worse than usual (The doc on Thursday was right) but they were concerned about her stomach pains. She's having a scan tomorrow to find out what's going on. Fingers crossed it's just a real bad case of constipation.

No comments: