Wednesday 3 August 2011

Let it Rain!

The past few days have been so hot. I know it's a sin to complain about hot weather in the British summer time, but I honestly don't care for hot weather anyway, mild weather yes, no rain  ok, windy  fine, but hot hot hot and muggy....no thanks!
Yesterday we had some new lino for the kitchen. We do actually have some really nice red tiles on the floor, but I couldn't live with them. I tried once, I polished them to a gleam and they looked lovely, but they were so cold and hard, and difficult to keep clean. Give me a nice piece of lino anyday. I don't do laminate either, tried it, hated it. Always looks nice in other people's houses, but I just can't live with it.
While Graham was laying the lino, the girl's were around nanny's house and I was set to take Joseph to playgroup. Then I found myself (And Joe) on the bus going to the cemetery. I've not been for months now and was feeling incredibly guilty. So I took the opportunity to visit. I had a real good rabbit to my mum, you could tell I had some catching up to do. I'm sure she loved all the gossip from the big family party we went to last week.

Today we decided to take the kids to the park, it's about 15 minutes walk away. Going was ok, but it was hot and tough. The girls were excited on seeing the park and Leila got stuck in straight away. Lucy wasn't so happy though, the slide was too high, I pushed her too high on the swings and spun her too fast on the roundabout. Then she had an headache and her legs ached. I really don't understand a (almost) six year old little girl not liking the park. So we sat down in the shade to cool off for a while then set off home.

 By the time we got back we were all exhausted and hot and sweaty. Not fun at all. I think we'll stay indoors from now on!

No comments: