Thursday 9 December 2010

Still freezing

One week later and we are still without heating, even our old gas fire is refusing to work. Temperatures here have dropped to -8C at times and I hate feeling cold. I can't get in touch with the engineer despite leaving several messages. The worst is getting up in the night with Joseph, I just can't get warm. I've been putting the gas cooker on in the kitchen and going in there when the cold gets too much. It's a nightmare!

On a completely different subject, since having Joseph we've had his pushchair in the lie down position and we got to wondering how you made the seat sit up. I tried to work it out, then Graham had a go and together we were trying for about 1/2 hour. We then decided that their was a piece missing and began hunting for said piece. Somewhere in the back of my mind I had a vague memory of being able to sit the pushchair up when I first bought it, and this memory held nothing of a part which I'd removed, or even could be removed. So this evening I got the pushchair out to have another go and guess what? I did it!

So what did I do that was so difficult we couldn't work it out?

I lifted the seat upright until it clicked into position.

Seriously, that's all we had to do. Then you press a little plastic clip on each side and it lies back down again. So simple....so what does that make us? Stooooopid!

Anyway, Joseph's not ready to sit up just yet :-)

Another completely different subject (I'm all over the shop tonight) Lucy came home with a letter from school that she'd written herself. It was an invitation to see her in the school nativity play.
It was addressed to Daddy and Grandad.
I felt heartbroken.
I asked her why I wasn't invited and she said I had to stay home to look after Joseph as no-one wanted a crying baby in the audience.
Why couldn't daddy look after Joseph? Or even nanny or grandad?

1 comment:

Casdok said...

Oh dear - but did make me laugh!! Hope you did get to go and hope your heating is sorted 8)